Hi! I’m Connie Payne, and I’ve worked in several capacities at the Mission over the years: Lodge Supervisor (when my children were young), Case Manager, Administrative Assistant, Director of Operations, and Regional Director of Communications.
Now, I think I’ve finally found my perfect niche. I write and/or edit our letters, newsletters, brochures and booklets, coordinate our mailings, and help Scott bring awareness of homelessness to Springfield and surrounding communities. Right now, Scott and I are writing a book on homelessness, which we hope to publish in the near future.
My husband and I have been blessed with six children, sons & daughters-in-law, and several beautiful grandchildren. As you might imagine, our lives are busy.
My journey as a Christian began in Junior High at the age of twelve when God became real to me in a powerful way. I knew at that moment I would spend the rest of my life serving God in some capacity. I knew that if I should ever marry, it would be to someone with a great passion for the Lord. I found that in Scott and we made plans for full-time Christian ministry together.
Scott and I raised our family alongside the Mission, and now as adults, our children thank us for the wonderful ministry experiences they gained along the way. We have a lot to be thankful for, and Inner City Mission has been a great blessing in our lives.
My prayers for the ICM staff:
- That we keep God first and foremost, using His strength and wisdom.
- That we are God’s instruments, having hearts of compassion like Jesus.
- That the distractions of life won’t stop us from doing His will.
My prayers for our residents:
- That they find a relationship with Jesus Christ, the Great Healer.
- That they find lasting stability, that ends their homelessness.
- That they learn to give back and help others.